Adopt an Orca
This animal is no longer available for adoption.
Adopt an orca and receive
- Your own cuddly toy orca to keep at home
- An adoption pack, including a personalised certificate, animal story, fact sheet and glossy photo to display.
- A copy of Born Free’s bi-annual Adopt magazine with exclusive updates.
Orca are highly intelligent and very social creatures. They are the largest member of the dolphin family and can weigh up to 6 tonnes and grow to 9 meters. That is almost as long as a school bus!
udopt it because
- Orca’s are under threat from habitat pollution, being entangled in fishing nets, and in some locations lack of food due to overfishing. In addition, there has for many years been a practice of taking orcas from the wild to be kept in cramped conditions in captivity for entertainment. Born Free work hard to protect wild orca as well as educate against their capture.
- When you adopt an orca through Born Free funds from your adoption will help the Born Free supported Orcalab, which monitors wild populations. By better understanding orca behaviour, their future can be better protected.
- Adopting an orca makes for a fantastic gift. Not only will it delight and educate the recipient but funds will go towards Born Free’s critical work.
- Adoption programmes start from as little as £3.00 a month.
Adopt an Orca Gallery
Born Free will process and send your order within 3 working days, and would normally expect it to arrive within 7 working days to addresses within the UK. All UK orders are sent via Royal Mail 2nd class delivery. Please allow 28 days for delivery on overseas orders.
Did you know?
- Orcas are the largest member of the dolphin family.
- Orcas can weigh up to six tons.
- Orcas have 40 to 50 teeth that are up to four inches long.
- The average life span of an orca in the wild is 50 to 80 years old.
- Orcas are found in all of the oceans of the world.